Memorial Day Observance
Monday, May 29, 2023 10:45 a.m.
Our Memorial Day program will feature:
- Master of Ceremonies Shannon Justice, PHC Board Trustee and cemetery expert, will update the public with news and plans at Prospect Hill Cemetery & Arboretum
- Terri Sanders, publisher of The Omaha Star, will be our guest speaker
- The Rev. Selwyn Q. Bachus, senior pastor of neighboring Salem Baptist Church, will deliver the Invocation and Benediction
- The Prospect Hill Preservation Brass Band, directed by Dave Krecek, will play traditional marches and patriotic music
- The First Nebraska Volunteer Infantry, a Civil War reenactment group, will present the Colors and fire a three-volley salute
- Boy Scout Troop 42, from Dundee Presbyterian Church, will raise the flag and lead the Pledge of Allegiance
- Jim Fogarty will present the annual tribute to Omaha philanthropist and businesswoman Anna Wilson at her gravesite
Guest Speaker Terri Sanders. Senior Pastor Selwyn Q. Bachus. Dave Krecek and Shannon Justice Prospect Hill Preservation Brass Band
Below find the complete text from last year's presentation by retired historian Paul Hedren, from the National Parks Service.